In House Laboratory:
At Smithville Animal Hospital, we perform numerous diagnostics in the clinic. For automated testing, we use IDEXX for both in-clinic and send-out evaluations.
In the clinic we offer testing for:
- CBC (complete blood count)
- Serum Chemistries - including SDMA
- Heartworm and tick-borne disease
- Feline Leukemia/FIV
- Glucose and Fructosamine
For further testing, or for tests we do not perform in-clinic, we send samples to IDEXX.
Our commonly utilized send-out tests include:
- Fecal evaluations - Idexx tests for the presence of antigens associated with parasites, along with looking for microscopic eggs.
- Wellness evaluations - (CBC/Chemistries/Thyroid) for pets who do not need immediate results
- Endocrinopathy testing
- A full catalog of testing for most of your pet's needs